Please consider donating to our mission of returning the TLE&W Railway bridge over the Maumee River in Grand Rapids Ohio to operating service! It is the longest bridge, at 901 feet, owned by a tourist railroad east of the Mississippi River. The bridge has been inspected and was found to be in very good condition for it’s age, but we need to replace the wooden ties holding the rails before we can resume operating the Blue Bird Passenger Train back into Grand Rapids. The PayPal button is ready and waiting for your click. Five dollars or a Thousand, it’s your help that will restore tourist passenger travel over the bridge back into Grand Rapids.
- Click the PayPal button on the right side of your screen.
- Fill out the required information on the first page and submit.
- The second page, you will be asked to review your donation. On this page, you will find the ability to “Add special instructions to recipient” to the left of your total donation amount.
- Click on “Add special instructions to recipient” and simply type “Bridge” in this field.
- When you are finished reviewing your information, submit the donation with the “Donate” button in the bottom right.
Thank you for your support and generous donation! The Toledo, Lake Erie & Western Railway and Museum is a IRS Code 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. If you cannot donate via Paypal, please send your check (Memo: Bridge Tie Donation) made out to: TLE&W Railway and Museum, PO Box 168, Waterville Ohio 43566